Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Summer Commitments

With summer well underway, I have noticed that my desire to have fun in the sun has at times gotten in the way of entering into God's presence. The busyness of my weekends is when I notice it the most. There is so much to do with the beautiful Rocky Mountains right in my own backyard. I justify running out the door first thing thinking I will take some time to be with the Lord in the quiet of the woods while I am on a hike. Even with the best of intentions I usually forget to stop, and really seek Him.

Let me encourage those of you who may be experiencing the same thing. How much more would we enjoy the beauty of Gods creation if we had spent time in his presence. How much more open would the eyes of our heart be after gazing on His face, even if only for a moment. When we draw close to God He promises to draw close to us. Let's hold Him up on that promise!

No comments: